Pai vezi! (see!)

The other day I went to buy Christmas presents for our partners. Well…for those of you who drive in Bucharest there is no need to explain the traffic at 10 am in Universtitatii square in a rainy day. Still I have to say that I wondered in circles for 20 minutes for a parking spot. Finally I found one….oh!….and it was so large and empty, just waiting for me near Capsa Hotel. Like a pretty lady driving a car…I started parking! Then the porter comes, with his nice porter clothes and his nice porter umbrella. “Excuse me, why are you parking here?” Upsss I though! What shall I do now…“Errhhh…well you see…I have to…hmmm...pick up somebody from the hotel!” “Ahh..ok..then, please park!” and he was curiously looking at me from under the red umbrella. ‘Damn! What next! If I park here I have to go in the hotel….if I don’t go in the hotel…what if he scratches my car :-s what if he does something to my tires! Damn!’ Smiling nicely at him I decided to be honest! And it was St. Nicholas! “well…you see…I lied…I was actually looking only for the parking spot! Have a nice day!:)”..still hoping to hear from him…”ok Miss…if you don’t stay long you can park here”…but instead he took the serious look and only said “Pai vezi!” ..hmmm "see what? I certainly can't see an empty parking spot!"

I don’t know what he actually meant! But he definitely was not in the holiday’s spirit! In the end I found a parking spot, and went shopping!

0 comments: