Imperfections

Almost everywhere you can read or hear the slogan "think positive - see the glass half full"; but, how can you do this if you cannot identify first the half empty side? I have to admit I use it very often, especially when I am sad and try to motivate myself to feel better. The power of self-motivation is a strong tool, that can guide you to reach the peaks (of course, for everyone 'peak' has a different meaning :). Now, talking seriously :P ...how can you say it is a sunrise, if you don't know what sunset means.

I do believe we all try to improve ourselves, to be better in all aspects; but...first, we should know what we have to improve, admit our mistakes, and our weaknesses.


I am not perfect! There...I said it! If I were, I would probably won't be here, surrounded by friends, by family, by enemies, by all the special moments that make me feel and be better, or by all the ones that don't. I couldn't possibly know where I would be. And now I am trying to make a list with all my imperfections, as they cross my mind. Feel free to add yours or your notes!

1. I have no patience in waiting. I hate waiting...for an answer, for a long waiting line, for an action, for a moment! This is why sometimes I urge into things, like a swimmer with his (or hers - we have to be politically correct :) head fronting the watter. Sometimes is good, but many times I can hear my conscience saying it would have been better waiting a little bit, as the outcome could have been greater. My friend Mihaela always quarrels me when she finds out that I passed in front of a waiting line - I always reply "there are moments when you have to get in front of the others". True! But most of the times the final results could have been bigger. So...when the moment for waiting comes, I try to motivate myself in doing something, so that the time passes easily - and I must say that lately I have succeeded in increasing my patience, even for just a little bit :) Curious is that I have no problems when I teach my pupils - guess it is a different type of patience! :D (ahh...you didn't know? I teach Spanish to children :)

2. I have the feeling that I want to please everyone! Which I already know it is not possible! There are almost 7 billion people in this world, and who knows how many in other worlds,...so I cannot please them all! As not everybody is on my taste either! But, sometimes, and most of the times I think people will like me more if I am what they like - which I cannot possibly know! How could you know what everyone likes? Therefore I try to stop, and reconsider this thought, and just be myself! If you like me, then I am happy, I gain a friend! If you don't like me, well...then you have to live with it, as it is not my problem! Am I too drastic now?

3. I am stubborn! I want to do everything all by myself! If I get an idea in my mind...I usually think this is the right one! Which is not necessarily true, as it is very subjective! Sometimes I get the feeling that if I do something all by myself will end up perfect! But, in the end...it couldn't be! 4 eyes can see better than 2, the same as more brains could develop a better thought/project, or an improved one :D! More and more I try to think out-of-the-box, to see the other points of view, and not to enter this vicious circle...as I cannot do everything alone, because otherwise, why would the others exist? :D The success should be in correlated and coordinated actions between the team members, and not a one-man show! Of course...depends on the show :P

[the search engine is looking in my inner side... exploring... exploring... exploring...]

Now that you know some of my flaws...how can you not love me? [hihihi]

...I'll add them as I recognize them...but now I have to go...movie night in open theater! :D

2 comments:

Cristian Hossu said...

What is this??? Flaw finding day?

1 Retro said...

Of course! :D don't you like this type of day, ending up with feeling better on yourself?