Let's go, Jack!

[First published on February 13th, October 2008]

Is quite a while since I haven't wrote...why?...because I was in vacation (went skiing in Solden - and I will tell you more about it in future emails). Today I want to tell you something funny that happen a few weeks ago.

My father needs to change his glasses, so I went with him one day to a shop near by. I was there only to look for summer glasses, even though I have ones, and I let my father discuss with the sales person there...he asked about many types of frames - plastic, metal, round, square...I don't remember them all...I wasn't actually paying attention. But...as we were preparing to leave, with his back facing me, my father said: "Let's go Jack!"...I was thinking like.."uh..ok..that's our dog's name...but what the heck..is not the first time happening..." but the sales person was looking at me with a weird expression on his face...probably he was thinking..."is that her name? or is it a nickname? who would name his daughter Jack...in Romania!!!"..in the end I explained him who Jack is and that my father is used to going out with the dog, not with me...what can I say...I should go more often with my father for a walk... in the end we all started to laugh :)))

0 comments: